Economy At a Glance
- As of 2020 the region's population increased by 1.3% since 2015, growing by 15,873. Population is expected to increase by 1.5% between 2020 and 2025, adding 18,788.
- From 2015 to 2020, jobs declined by 2.2% in The New North Region from 662,415 to 647,976. This change fell short of the national growth rate of 0.0% by 2.2%. As the number of jobs increased, the labor force participation rate decreased from 67.9% to 66.0% between 2015 and 2020.
- Concerning educational attainment, 18.2% of the selected regions’ residents possess a Bachelor’s Degree (1.8% below the national average), and 12.1% hold an Associate’s Degree (3.5% above the national average).
- The top three industries in 2020 are Manufacturing, Health Care, and Finance and Insurance.
Source EMSI - Updated October 2021
- Vital Statistics
- Regional Economy
- Talent /Demographics
- Hot Jobs
- Technology/Automation/Digital Maturity
- Retail & Services
- Capital Investment