Economy At a Glance
- As of 2021 the region's population increased by 1.6% since 2016. Population is expected to increase by 1.6% between 2021 and 2026, adding 20,794.
- From 2016 to 2021, jobs declined by 1.3% in the New North Region from 668,749 to 659,863. This change fell short of the national growth rate of 1.8% by 3.1%. As the number of jobs decreased, the labor force participation rate decreased from 67.6 to 66.0% between 2016 and 2021.
- Concerning educational attainment, 18.5% of the selected regions’ residents possess a Bachelor’s Degree (1.8% below the national average), and 12.3% hold an Associate’s Degree (3.6% above the national average).
- The top three industries in 2021 are Manufacturing, Health Care, and Retail Trade.
Source EMSI - Updated October 2022
- What is Trending...
- IntelBriefs - Articles on Strategy Considerations
- IntelScan - Trending articles
- Vital Statistics
- Regional Economy
- Talent /Demographics
- Hot Jobs
- Technology/Automation/Digital Maturity
- Retail & Services
- Capital Investment
Fond du Lac